Skip to content
Chandra Sekhar Venkat Raman
A Few Short, Simple Lines on Chandra Sekhar Venkat Raman for Kids
- Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman was an Indian physicist.
- He was Born on 7 November 1888.
- He was from Tamil Brahmin Family.
- His father was a teacher at a local high school.
- He is known for his work in the field of light scattering.
- Raman received the 1930 Nobel Prize in Physics.
- The Raman effect was discovered on 28 February 1928.
- He was the first Asian to receive a Nobel Prize in any branch of science.
- In 1954, the Government of India honoured him with the first Bharat Ratna.
- He died on 21 November 1970.