Skip to content
A Few Short, Simple Lines on Bhupen Hazarika for Kids
- Bhupen hazarika was an indian playback singer, lyricist, musician, poet, and filmmaker.
- His father name was nilakanta and mother shantipriya hazarika.
- He was born on 8 september 1926 in assam.
- He married priyamvada pate in 1950.
- Hazarika mainly concentrated on hindi
- he is widely known as xudha kontho (meaning cuckoo).
- His assamese language song has been translated and sung in many languages (mainly bengali and hindi).
- Mostly he was popular among the people of assam, west bengal and bangladesh.
- He received the national film award, bharat ratna, padmashri, and padmabhushan.
- He died on 5 november 2011.