Skip to content
Kartarpur Corridor Inauguration Day
A Few Short, Simple Points on Kartarpur Corridor for Kids
- Kartarpur Corridor Inauguration Day is on 9 november.
- Prime minister imran khan inaugurated the kartarpur corridor on 9 november 2019.
- The ceremony was held in the gurdwara darbar sahib complex, kartarpur in pakistan.
- It connects the gurdwara darbar sahib in pakistan to the border with india.
- During the 1947 partition of india, the region was divided between india and pakistan.
- It is the one of important sikh holy places.
- There are around 12,000 pilgrims were present on this ceremony.
- India and pakistan agreed to allow visa-free travel of indian citizens to kartarpur.
- It was first proposed in early 1999 by atal bihari vajpayee and nawaz sharif.
- The first guru of sikhism, guru nanak, founded kartarpur in 1504 ce.