Skip to content
National Legal Services Day
A Few Short, Simple Points on Nalsa or Kids
- In India, National Legal Services Day is on 09 November.
- NALSA stands for National Legal Services Authority.
- It follows the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987.
- It was first initiated by the Supreme Court of India in 1995.
- The day is celebrated to make people aware about the various provisions under the Legal Services Authorities Act.
- The objective of the Act is to provide free, efficient and legal services to the illiterate and vulnerable people.
- We should make them aware of their rights.
- At the state level, it is presided over by the Chief Justice of the State High Court.
- At the national level, it is presided over by the Chief Justice of India.
- NALSA has several institutions at different levels.