Skip to content
World AIDS Day
- World AIDS Day is celebrated on 1 December.
- AIDS stands for ‘Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome’
- It was first introduced in 1988.
- It is dedicated to raising awareness, educating and improving understanding of HIV.
- It is a global public health problem.
- Infection caused by HIV in the human body.
- HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
- This year’s World AIDS Day campaign promotes the concept of “right to health”.
- World AIDS Day 2017, WHO theme Was “My health, my right”.
- The result of AIDS is weakening of people’s immune system against infections and some types of cancer.