Skip to content
National Epilepsy Day
A Few Short, Simple Lines on National Epilepsy Day for Kids
- National epilepsy day is celebrated on 17 november in india.
- It is the day to create awareness about epilepsy.
- Epilepsy is a chronic disorder of the brain.
- The condition can affect people at any age.
- According to who, about 50 million people have epilepsy across the world.
- 80% of patients are from developing countries.
- Although epilepsy is curable, three-quarters of affected people do not receive the necessary treatment.
- About 10 million people in india suffer from seizures associated with epilepsy.
- The main cause of the disease are brain infection, stroke and brain tumors, head injury/ accident.
- Sudden twitching, loss of consciousness, stiffness in muscles of arms or legs or face are main symptoms.