Skip to content
International Day for Tolerance
A Few Short, Simple Lines on “International Day for Tolerance for Kids
- International Day for Tolerance is observed on 16 November.
- Tolerance means the ability to tolerate pain.
- it is to raise awareness about strengthening Tolerance.
- it is the day for encouraging mutual understanding among cultures and peoples.
- The UN General Assembly observe International Day in 1966.
- Mahatma Gandhi is a great example of tolerance and non-violence.
- In 1995, UNESCO created an award for the promotion of tolerance and non-violence on the 125th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The award is presented every two years on the International Day of Tolerance.
- The award can be awarded to institutions, organizations or individuals.
- The award is for those who have contributed in a particularly meritorious and effective manner towards tolerance and non-violence.